Electrical Safety Audit
OBJECTIVES OF THE ELECTRICAL SAFETY AUDIT
- Design, Install, implement and maintain facilities which control safety risks.
- Comply with statutory regulations and standards for controlling the risks.
- Train the personnel working at work place for safety aspects, safe behavior and effective use of equipment’s to avoid any incident/accident.
- Undertake reviews, analyze, evaluate and install optimum value available safety/ operational equipment’s for achieving the accident free operations economically.
- Comply with statutory regulations & regulation requirement.
METHODOLOGY ADOPTED FOR ELECTRICAL SAFETY AUDIT
The following electrical safety audit structure is prepared for developing electrical safety program to be implemented. The data collection and analysis can be conducted in modular way.
- Pre-Audit & Coordination Meeting
- Pre-Audit Questionnaire
- Checklist with reference to Statutory regulations
- Physical Inspection
- Conducting Test and Measurement
- Discussion with Safety & Electrical personnel
- Examination & Review of Records/ Document
- Draft Report Preparation
- Review Meeting with Management
- Final Report Submission
CONTENTS OF ELECTRICAL SAFETY AUDIT REPORT
- Overview of Electrical system
- Observations and Recommendations
- Lightning Protection System Evaluation
- Electrical Hazards and Control measures
- Hazardous Area- Observations & Recommendations
- Review of Electrical Accidents and control measures
- Review of Fire Hazards and Protection Measures
- Electrical Maintenance Review
- Review of Electrical Test Records & Test Procedures
- Annexure (References/Guidelines)